How can I adopt a pet from TARA?
- To adopt a pet, start by browsing our available animals on our website. Once you find a potential match, submit an application online or attend one of our adoption events.
What is the adoption fee, and what does it cover?
- Our adoption fees are $120 for cats and $150 for dogs. This fee includes spaying or neutering, microchipping, rabies vaccination, and all other age-appropriate vaccinations.
Can I visit the animals before adopting?
- Absolutely! We encourage potential adopters to visit our animals at adoption events or contact us to arrange a meeting. We also encourage you to bring any children and fur siblings to meet your new best friend as well.
What if the animal doesn’t get along with my other animals?
- At TARA, we recognize that life’s circumstances can change, and a pet may face challenges in a household. We want to assure you that we are here to support you and the well-being of the animals we rescue. If, for any reason, you find that your adopted pet is not a perfect fit for your household, we understand. Our commitment extends beyond the initial adoption, and we are always willing to take the pet back into our care. Per the terms of your adoption contract, any pet adopted from TARA that you are no longer able to care for must be returned to us. We kindly request that you do not rehome the pet independently, as this ensures the safety, health, and proper transition for the animal. We value open communication and encourage you to reach out to us if you are considering returning an adopted pet. Our team is here to assist you and discuss any concerns or challenges you may be facing.
How can I volunteer with TARA?
- We welcome passionate individuals to join our volunteer team! Fill out the volunteer application on our website, and we’ll get in touch with you about upcoming opportunities.
Do you accept owner surrenders?
- Unfortunately, due to legal considerations, we cannot accept owner surrenders. We focus on rescuing animals from shelters in need of homes.
How are animals cared for in foster homes?
- Foster homes provide temporary care, love, and socialization for animals awaiting adoption. Foster families play a crucial role in preparing pets for their forever homes.
Is TARA a no-kill organization?
- Yes, TARA is a no-kill rescue committed to finding loving, permanent homes for all animals in our care.
Can I donate items to TARA?
- Absolutely! Check our donation page for a wishlist of items we currently need. Donations can be dropped off during adoption events or call us to arrange pickups.